Thursday, January 28, 2010

I am who I am? Not really.

Without my memory, I have no continuous existence. If I am to have my memory totally wiped out and started anew, I would be a new being. I could have totally different views of events and the world, and make totally different choices based on these new views. So I am who I am because of my physical world: my biological and physical structures, my upbringing and situational constraints. There is nothin fundamental about myself apart from these. Or, if my soul is to transport to another physical world, another universe, would I retain anything of myself that is of essence? If not, then existence is a volatile thing; there is no memory of myself beyond the boundary of a physical world or a certain time period.

Then, if I won't ever live that long - by process of logic, not chemistry - how could I ever be raised up to Heaven? 

No comments:

Post a Comment